Careers with Psychology - 16 December 2015 - THIS EVENT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED
- Careers with Psychology - 16 December 2015 - THIS EVENT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED
- 16th December 2015
- 10:00 - 15:30
- Event type
- Experience events
- London, EC2A 4UE
- £62.00 (Futurewise Members) £87.00 (non-Futurewise Members)
- Course code
- Number of places available
- Aimed at
- Students aged 15-18
- Dress code
- Smart casual – no jeans
Psychology is a popular subject that many students study at A-level and wish to continue at university. There are a range of disciplines including clinical, forensic, counselling, health, sports and education; understanding the various roles within these categories and navigating through them can seem daunting.
Join us at this insight event to discover all about careers in psychology and the routes to qualification.
What happens at the event?
- Hear short talks from qualified psychologists to learn about their area of specialism
- Network with professionals to gain advice and information on a range of job roles and industries
- Take part in fun activities that will give you experience of psychology practices
- Speak with current undergraduates and trainees to learn about university life and applying for work experience and internships
How can this day help you?
- Understand all the careers that use psychology and the typical industries employing psychology graduates
- Get to grips with the various degree courses on offer and professional qualification routes
- Learn which areas of psychology are in demand and the latest developments in the profession
- Gain an insight and start to build the skills and qualities employers look for
- Provide evidence on your personal statement that you have researched and are committed to the subject
- Kick start your career by gaining insight into real cases and scenarios that will help you decide if psychology is for you
What students said last year…
“Really helpful day which was inspirational and made up my mind about psychology for the future” Year 12 student from Malvern College
“I really enjoyed the interaction with actual psychologists and their profession from their point of view, which is valuable” Year 12 student from Forest School
“I liked the various speakers jn different aspects of the psychological world” Year 11 student from Abbotsholme school
“I really enjoyed it because it gave me a chance to meet others who also have the same interests” Year 12 student from Stamford High School
Did you know?
The design of British coins was based upon psychological research into which shapes are easiest for blind people to identify (Bruce et al., 1983; Bruce & Hellawell, 1988).
All event details are subject to change. We would advise you to check the website as we update information on a regular basis.
For a list of other career insight days, and student events Click here
The British Psychological Society (BPS) is the representative body for psychology and psychologists in the UK. The BPS are responsible for the development, promotion and application of psychology for the public good.