Financial Careers in the City - 31 March 2016 - FULLY BOOKED
- Financial Careers in the City - 31 March 2016 - FULLY BOOKED
- 31st March 2016
- 10:00 - 15:30
- Event type
- Insight events, Experience events
- Schroders, 31 Gresham St, London EC2V 7QA
- £62.00 (Futurewise Members) £87.00 (non-Futurewise Members)
- Course code
- Number of places available
- Aimed at
- Students aged 15-18
- Dress code
Please note that this event is always popular and often oversubscribed, we recommend you reserve a place early.
Students who attend get the chance to explore the world of ‘the city’ and financial careers using exciting hands-on activities and business games; including trading, corporate banking, investment and insurance sectors. Students also have the opportunity to chat to professionals about all aspects of starting a career in finance and learn about the different study routes.
What happens at the event?
- Hear short talks from industry experts to learn about their experiences
- Network with professionals to gain advice and information
- Take part in fun activities that will help you build employability skills that the industry needs
- Speak with recent graduates to hear about university life and how to gain work experience
How can this day help you?
- Understand the ‘City’ and the range of related careers available including back office, mid-office and front office
- Learn about different industries such as banking, insurance, pensions and actuarial, risk, accountancy plus more
- Get to grips with the various undergraduate courses and higher apprenticeships on offer to understand the differences
- Learn which industries are in demand and opportunities for work experience
- Start to build the skills and qualities universities and employers look for
- Provide evidence on your personal statement and CV that you have researched and are committed to your career
What students said last year…
“It was fun to learn about new jobs and opportunities and I enjoyed the trading centre” Year 12 student from Cadbury College
“The trading psychology speech was brilliant and the representatives were very good” Year 11 student
All event details are subject to change. We would advise you to check the website as we update information on a regular basis.
For a list of other career insight days, and student events Click here
Schroders is an asset management business who manage £271.5 billion (EUR 339.0 billion/$464.1 billion) on behalf of institutional and retail investors, financial institutions and high net worth clients from around the world. Schroders has existed for over 200 years.
Schroders employ over 3500 talented people worldwide operating from 37 offices in 27 different countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East, close to the markets in which they invest.