Careers using Maths & Economics - THIS EVENT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED
- Careers using Maths & Economics - THIS EVENT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED
- 14th December 2015
- 10:00 - 15:30
- Event type
- Experience events
- London, WC2A 2AE
- £62.00 (Futurewise Members) £87.00 (non-Futurewise Members)
- Course code
- Number of places available
- Aimed at
- Students aged 15-18 interested in studying Maths or Economics
- Dress code
Join us on this one day event to learn all about the careers that maths and economics can lead to and what it is like to study these subjects at university. These challenging yet highly regarded subjects provide a solid grounding for working life, leading to a wide range of job prospects and careers.
This event will help you think outside the box, not just at the obvious world of Finance or accountancy, to discover a much more comprehensive list of employers and industries looking to employ mathematics and economists.
This event is taking place at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
What happens at this event?
- Hear short talks from industry experts to learn about their area of specialism
- Network with professionals to gain advice and information
- Take part in fun, interactive activities that will give you employability skills
- Speak with current undergraduates to learn about university life
How can this day help you?
- Understand all the career opportunities Maths and Economics can lead to
- Get to grips with the various undergraduate degrees and types of courses on offer
- Learn which jobs are in demand and will be needed when you graduate or enter the workplace
- Provide evidence on your personal statement that you have researched the subject
- Kick start your career by gaining insight into real life job scenarios, experiences and projects
What students said…
“It was fun to learn about new jobs and opportunities” Student from Cadbury College
“Really good day, interesting and factual” Student from Haileybury
Did you know?
There are 43,252,003,274,489,856,000 (say it ‘forty three and a quarter quintillion’) different possible positions for a Rubik’s cube, and only one ‘correct’ solution.
All event details are subject to change. We would advise you to check the website as we update information on a regular basis.
For a list of other career insight days, and student events Click here