W - Careers using English & Media - 30 March 2016 - still bookable by phone 01491 820390
- W - Careers using English & Media - 30 March 2016 - still bookable by phone 01491 820390
- 30th March 2016
- 10:00 - 15:30
- Event type
- Experience events
- London, EC4V 6BW
- £62.00 (Futurewise Members) £87.00 (non-Futurewise Members)
- Course code
- Number of places available
- Aimed at
- Students aged 15-18
- Dress code
- Smart casual – no jeans
Online bookings are now closed for this event. However, late bookings can still be made over the phone - call 01491 820390
This event is most suited to students who enjoy studying English and/or Media and want to learn about the real career opportunities available if they pursue the subjects at university.
What happens at this event?
- Hear short talks from industry experts to learn about their experiences
- Network with professionals to gain advice and information
- Take part in fun activities that will help you build the skills that the industry needs
- Speak with recent graduates to hear about university life and how to gain work experience
How can this day help you?
- Learn about the different industries that English and associated subjects are useful for such as journalism, editorial, communications, publishing, public sector
- Get to grips with the various undergraduate courses on offer and which are useful for difference careers
- Learn which industries are in demand and opportunities for work experience
- Start to build the skills and qualities universities and employers look for
- Provide evidence on your personal statement and CV that you have researched and are committed to your career
Did you know?
According to a survey by Student beans, 62% of 16 to 24-year-olds still prefer traditional books over e-books. What about you?
All event details are subject to change. We would advise you to check the website as we update information on a regular basis
For a list of other career insight days, and student events Click here
The Professional Publishers Association (PPA) is the voice of professional publishers and represents around 220 companies, ranging from consumer magazine publishers to business-to-business data and information providers, customer magazine publishers and smaller independent companies.