W - Law Career Insight - 15/12/15 - Still bookable by phone 01276 687511
- W - Law Career Insight - 15/12/15 - Still bookable by phone 01276 687511
- 15th December 2015
- 10:00 - 15:30
- Event type
- Experience events
- London, WC1E 7DE
- £62.00 (Futurewise Members) £87.00 (non-Futurewise Members)
- Course code
- Number of places available
- Aimed at
- Students aged 15-18
- Dress code
Online bookings are now closed for this event. However, late bookings can still be made over the phone - call 01276 687511
Join us on this one day event to learn all about the legal sector and
how to become a successful lawyer or barrister advocate.
This challenging yet rewarding profession can provide great opportunities
in the UK and abroad, and there are opportunities to work across all industries
from the music industry, aviation and publishing to large legal firms.
What happens at the event?
- Hear short talks from legal experts to learn about their area of specialism
- Network with solicitors, barristers, legal executives and trainees to gain advice and information on a range of job roles and industries
- Take part in mock trials, and fun activities that will give you practical experience of law
- Speak with current undergraduates and trainees to learn about university life and applying for training contracts
- Visit to Weil Gotshal (TBC)
How can this day help you?
- Understand all the career opportunities within the legal system
- Get to grips with the various degree courses on offer and other study routes
- Learn which areas of law are in demand and will be needed when you graduate
- Gain an insight and start to build the skills and qualities top firms look for
- Provide evidence on your personal statement that you have researched and are committed to the subject
- Kick start your career by gaining insight into real cases and practice legal activities
What students said about this event previously…
100% of students who attended the Law insight event in December 2013 said they had a much clearer understanding of career options and pathways after attending the event
“I found the day very informative and interesting" Year 12 student from St. Helen and St. Katharine, Abingdon
“Really informative and interesting. All the people were friendly and have helped my decisions for Higher Education.”Year 13 student, Farnborough Hill
“I really liked the networking session and talking to people from different areas.” Year 11 student from Guilsborough School
“I loved the mock trial and the depth of talks.” Year 12 student from Oundle
Did you know?
The UK legal services market is worth £26.8bn. It employs up to 320,000 people in England and Wales alone and contributes a net £3bn to the UK's balance of trade.
All event details are subject to change. We would advise you to check the website as we update information on a regular basis.
For a list of other career insight days, and student events Click here
The University of Law - The largest legal training and education establishment in Europe. The University is the UK's longest-established specialist provider of legal education. They have trained more lawyers than anyone else and can trace their origins to 1876 with the formation of leading tutorial firm Gibson & Weldon. With a rich heritage and a reputation for innovation and contemporary teaching practices, they continuously focus on developing the best legal minds.