W - Marketing & PR Career Insight - 19 February 2016 - still bookable by phone 01276 687512
- W - Marketing & PR Career Insight - 19 February 2016 - still bookable by phone 01276 687512
- 19th February 2016
- 10:00 - 15:30
- Event type
- Experience events
- London, EC1N 2AE
- £62.00 (Futurewise Members) £87.00 (non-Futurewise Members)
- Course code
- Number of places available
- Aimed at
- Students aged 15-18
- Dress code
- Smart casual – no jeans
Online bookings are now closed for this event. However, late bookings can still be made over the phone - call 01276 687512
This insight event will give students a solid understanding of the Marketing and Public Relations industries and the opportunities that lie ahead.
Marketing as a whole is a large and extremely important aspect of any business, and as such there are lots of opportunities both in agencies and client side. Owing to the rapid developments in technology, marketing is constantly evolving to meet the needs of customers, so join us at this event to learn more about these developments and see what area might suit you.
What happens at the event?
- Hear short talks from industry experts to learn about their experiences
- Network with professionals to gain advice and information
- Take part in fun activities that will help you build employability skills that the industry needs
- Speak with recent graduates to hear about university life and how to gain work experience
How can this day help you?
- Understand the world of marketing and PR, jobs and areas of specialism such as planning, communications, brand, product, social media, content and much more
- Get to grips with the various undergraduate courses on offer and professional qualification routes with the Chartered Institute of Marketing and the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
- Learn which industries are in demand and opportunities for work experience
- Start to build the skills and qualities universities and employers look for
- Provide evidence on your personal statement and CV that you have researched and are committed to your career.
What students said last year…
“I really liked all of the different speakers and it was a nice sized group of people.” Year 12 student from Bromley High
"Thank you so much for an inspiring day, it has been incredible useful!” Year 13 student Latymer Upper School
We reserve the right to change the date/venue for this event and all details are subject to change. We would advise you to check the website regularly as we update information on events as soon as confirmations are received.
Weber Shandwick are an award-winning PR company based in central London. A creative studio of writers, designers, builders, strategists, conversation-starters, storytellers; they are passionate about their clients and, through their Specialisms and dedicated Practices they are deeply knowledgeable about their businesses.