Engineering Insight Event - 17 December 2015 - still bookable by phone 01276 687512
- Engineering Insight Event - 17 December 2015 - still bookable by phone 01276 687512
- 17th December 2015
- 10:00 - 15:30
- Event type
- Insight events, Experience events
- London, SE1 8NW
- £62.00 (Futurewise Members) £87.00 (non-Futurewise Members)
- Course code
- Number of places available
- Aimed at
- Students aged 15-18
- Dress code
Online bookings are now closed for this event. However, late bookings can still be made over the phone - call 01276 687511
Engineers are needed all around us, to develop the software in our mobile phones; to build our roads and rail links; to design new medicines; to create new flavours in our food and much more.
With this comes a huge range of courses you can study and for students interesting in engineering, it can be hard to decide which area of study is right for you.
Join us at this insight event to discover if a career in engineering is right for you, learn about the types of engineering and the routes to qualification.
What happens at the event?
- Hear short talks from qualified engineers to learn about their area of specialism
- Network with professional engineers to gain advice and information
- Take part in fun activities that will give you experience of engineering theory and practice
- Speak with recent graduates and apprentices to learn about University life and applying for work experience and internships
How can this day help you?
- Understand the various areas of specialism such as electronics, civil, mechanical, chemical, design, sports
- Get to grips with the various degree courses on offer and qualification routes
- Learn which areas of engineering are increasingly in demand
- Gain an insight and start to build the skills and qualities engineering firms look for
- Provide evidence on your personal statement that you have researched and are committed to the subject
- Kick start your career by gaining practical insight that will help you decide if engineering is for you
What students said last year…
“It was great to get to meet so many professionals” year 12 student Farnborough Sixth from college
“It was interesting and the tour was amazing, good to see what work goes on here” year 13 student at Bancrofts school
“It was really helpful to see what engineers do on a day-to-day basis in an office” year 11 student Bloxham school
Did you know?
People who have studied engineering at university will earn approximately 30% more in their lifetime than the average person with a university degree.
All event details are subject to change. We would advise you to check the website as we update information on a regular basis.
For a list of other career insight days, and student events Click here
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. Ramboll employ close to 10,000 experts and have a significant presence in Northern Europe, India and the Middle East.
Ramboll UK headquarters is located in London and they have offices all over the country.